Business Impact Analysis
Avalution’s Business Continuity Consulting Services
- Business Impact Analysis
Avalution's approach to the business impact analysis achieves management participation and lays a solid foundation for strategy identification, plan development, and long-term program success. Are you ready to learn more? Contact us today.
Industry Update: ISO 22317 – the first and only international standard solely addressing the business impact analysis – reached stage 60.00 (International Standard under publication) on July 13, 2015 and is expected to be published shortly. To learn more about ISO 22317 and the associated value, check out our latest blog: Introducing ISO 22317 – The Business Impact Analysis Standard.
WHAT IS A BUSINESS IMPACT ANALYSIS?
A business impact analysis (BIA) is a detailed study of departments, activities, dependencies and infrastructure that provides an understanding of how the organization delivers critical products and services and the cost of a business interruption to the organization over time. The BIA is designed to clarify priorities, specifically recovery time objectives (RTOs) and recovery point objectives (RPOs), prior to strategy selection and plan development.
Unfortunately, the BIA often causes continuity professionals unnecessary stress as they try to:
- Determine how to scope the BIA;
- Choose the most efficient and effective data gathering approach;
- Figure out the best way to analyze the raw data and report on it in a way that resonates with management; and
- Ensure they provide the necessary justification behind identified recovery requirements.
Why? Because there isn’t a one size fits all approach to performing a BIA that works for every organization. However, that’s where we excel!
HOW CAN AVALUTION HELP WITH YOUR BIA?
Our team will work with you to successfully design and execute a business impact analysis that:
- Confirms the scope of the business continuity program (or necessary modifications);
- Enables the proper spend on business continuity strategies and capabilities;
- Captures preliminary business continuity plan content; and
- Achieves senior management participation and support.
We believe that proactive planning is key to protecting your organization during a disruptive incident. We also believe in creating customized, pragmatic solutions and challenging the way it has always been done.
Business continuity and IT disaster recovery planning is all that we do. If you’re looking for assistance with your business impact analysis, contact us today.
For additional information on this topic, we recommend checking out: